Provident Skate Park is located at 345 North Jacob Street, behind the Anthony Community Center.
Provident Skate Park is 24,000 square feet and is identified as one of the largest municipal skate parks in California. It has three major elements: a large fun box, barbell / volcanoes, and a snake run ending in a bowl.
Incorporated is an amazing number of elements in one park. There are round and square rails and some rails are curved and other straight while others are level and some are on an incline. Several benches are included of varying heights and material. Provident Skate Park is designed to allow the skater to be in perpetual motion.
By providing 24,000 square feet of area the park can accommodate 50 to 75 skating at one time (with hundreds of others watching). The park is in three sections; the fun box for street skaters and beginners, the middle section that contains the volcano, and a bowl and snake run used by more experienced skaters.
Warning: Skateboarding and skating are hazardous recreational activities. Use of this facility may result in death, paralysis, brain damage, and concussion, broken bones or other serious injury. Any use is at your own risk. The City of Visalia does not assume any responsibility for injuries.
- All users are required to wear helmets, kneepads, and elbow pads. Those not wearing protective equipment can be cited for an infraction. (Per V.M.C. Section 12.56.020)
- Skateboard and Skates only – NO Bicycles or Foot Traffic
- Please observe park hours – 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Please keep noise to a minimum
- Protect your skate park from graffiti and abuse, call 559-734-8116 to report vandalism in progress
- Keep food or drink off the skating surface. No glass in or around the skating area
- Additional obstacles or other materials (ramps/jumps) may not be used
- Do not use facility if a hazardous condition exists. Report any damage/hazardous conditions to the Visalia Recreation Center or call 738-3365
- Parents are encouraged to be in attendance at all times if user is under the age of 13 years