Solar Panel Permits with
Licensed contractors in the City of Visalia are now able to apply for residential solar panel installation permits online with the help of SolarAPP+, a web-based portal for residential solar energy system installations, developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory to automate project plan reviews.
Please review the links below to get familiar with SolarApp+.
SolarApp+ Useful links
Once you are ready to create a SolarApp+ account and apply for a Solar permit in the City of Visalia, follow the steps below. You will need your SolarApp Approval ID and documents.
- Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+.
- Register or sign in to SolarAPP+
- Submit design
- Pay SolarAPP+ fee
- Download SolarAPP+ Approval Documents
- Submit SolarAPP+ Permit application to the City.
- Register or log in to Visalia ACA portal
- Create a Building application for Residential Solar Permit with SolarApp
- Follow application process filling all required fields
- Attach your SolarAPP+ Approval Documents
- Submit your permit application
- Pay the permit fees online (Visa/MasterCard only), the permit will be auto-issued within a few seconds.
- Detailed user instructions may be found here: Instructional Guide for ACA SolarApp Application
- Schedule the inspection online.
- Log in to Visalia ACA portal and request inspection
- Enter permit number and follow prompts to complete inspection scheduling