10 Things To Do for Summer Fun
Summer Fun Is Here!
It’s time for vacations, staycations and warm weather fun of all styles. If you’re looking for adventure, the City of Visalia has plenty to offer!
10 Fun Things To Do This Summer
- Take a ride up to the Sequoia National Park with the Sequoia Shuttle. Have you visited the majestic Sequoias lately? Leave the driving to Visalia Transit and enjoy every part of the journey. With multiple pick-up and drop-off points, you can't go wrong. Make your reservation today at www.sequoiashuttle.com.
- Join the fun of Belly Flops with the Cops on Saturday, June 29th at the Redwood Pool. This family fun event is completely FREE and is your chance to particpate in fun pool relays, games and competition with the officers of the Visalia Police Department. Find more details at www.liveandplayvisalia.com.
- Take your four-legged friends to one of the City’s dog parks and let them soak in the sunshine. There are two designated "off-leash" dog areas located in the City of Visalia, (1) The Cody Kelley Bark Park at Plaza Park is located at 1800 S. Plaza Drive and (2) Seven Oaks Park Dog Park is located at 900 S. Edison Street.
- Grab your fishing pole and sign up for the Summer Catfish Derby on Saturday, July 27th at Plaza Park Pond. This annual event is for kids ages 3 - 15 years and prizes go to the top three total stringer weights in each category. But sign up soon, this event will sell out.
- Be part of the Freedom Celebration in Recreation Park taking place on Wednesday, July 3rd! We can't wait to celebrate our nation's independence with this all new event hosted by City of Visalia, KJUG 106.7, Hitz 104.9, My 97.5, Spirit 88.9, and the Visalia Rawhide Ballclub. Get all the details on the Facebook event page!
- Enjoy a movie under the stars on Fridays at Riverway Sports Park. Bring your lawn chairs and settle into the Special Events promenade at sunset to enjoy family friendly films like Lilo & Stitch, Aquaman, The Emperor's New Groove and more.
- “Chip-In” and make some time to volunteer on a park or trail project. Whether you’re an individual or a group you can take an active role on a one-time project, or on a recurring long-term project with our Visalia Parks & Urban Forestry Division. Learn more about how you can help here.
- Play a game of Foot Golf at Valley Oaks Golf Course. There are no golf clubs needed for this round, just a soccer ball and good sportsmanship. Check out the details and plan your next game here.
- Come enjoy live music with 106.7 KJUG, the Visalia Community Enhancement Foundation and Visalia Parks & Recreation Department for Concerts in the Park! Mark your calendar for Thursday, July 25th and come out and see King Calaway at Whitendale Park at 6:30 p.m. Follow KJUG on Facebook for details.
- Take a trek on a trail and walk, run or bike! Visalia is home to an extensive parks and trail system, when is the last time you enjoyed a summer stroll? Find a map of the entire parks system at www.liveandplayvisalia.com.
Summer 2019 is packed with fun, and this list just includes a few ideas. For more events and information on upcoming programs, visit www.visalia.city.