Grants Available for Youth Programs
The City of Visalia recognizes the importance of the community’s young citizens and the role that non-profit agencies play in the City’s quality of life.
"In an effort to support these community partners’ work with young people, the City has established a grant program that will be funded through the Measure N sales tax," shared Sergeant Gary Williams, Visalia Police Department Public Information Officer. "The Measure N Funded Youth Grant Program will make available up to $75,000 in funding for calendar year 2019."
Awarded grants may be one award for the entirety of the amount, or multiple grant awards to multiple community partner agencies in various amounts.
"Only one application per organization will be accepted and the Visalia City Council will ultimately approve the grant awardees after recommendations from the Executive Committee," added Williams.
The Measure N Funded Youth Grant Program is available to all qualified 501 (c)(3) non-profit agencies with programs or services for people under the age of 18 in the City of Visalia. The Grant Program to be funded must benefit youth residing in the City of Visalia, and include the following objectives:
- Programs which specifically target at risk youth age groups included in grades six through eight.
- Programs which focus on assisting youth in envisioning their future, setting goals, and achieving those goals.
- Programs that encourage and facilitate parental involvement with their children. This could be a collaborative effort in teaching the kids or in learning alongside them.
- Programs which instill basic moral, ethical, and social behaviors that build strong character within the youth at the same time receiving examples of these characteristics from those employing the program.
- Programs which challenge youth mentally, physically, and constructively through technical and sports activities.
- Programs which teach and build leadership skills.
Grant awards may be less than requested, which will require an adjustment to your proposed scope of work. Half of the grant will be distributed upon award, and the other half will be distributed after the Executive Committee receives
mid-year reports from grant recipients.
The deadline for submitting applications if Friday, October 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
For more information about the grant and how to receive application paperwork, contact Lt. Ron Epp at 559-713-4408 or email email@example.com.