Next Phase Starts 10/1
Construction to widen and improve the intersection of Goshen Avenue and Demaree Street is currently underway.
Drivers can expect:
- Shoulder work continues
- Lane closures at the intersection and traffic delays Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Lane closures will impact traffic and motorists are encouraged to find alternate routes throughout the course of the construction project.
Starting Monday, October 1st, additional lane restriction and road closures will begin and continue through Friday, November 2nd.
This phase will focus on major street reconstruction along the easterly half of Demaree and Goshen Avenues and will impact traffic as follows:
- Goshen Avenue will be completely closed between Demaree and Mooney Boulevard
- Northbound Demaree will be closed between Goshen and Houston
- One southbound lane will be open on Demaree between Houston and Goshen
- One southbound and one northbound lane will be open on Demaree south of Goshen
- Eastbound Goshen will be one lane to Demaree where drivers will be required to turn southbound onto Demaree
- Designated detour routes will be posted
This phase of improvements are expected to extend through Friday, November 2, 2018. Motorists can expect delays and therefore are encouraged to find alternate routes and leave earlier to their destinations.
The easterly half of Demaree, Phase 5 of 7, will be constructed first in order to allow greater access to the shopping center at the northeast corner of Goshen and Demaree during the holiday season. Upon completion of Phase 5, Phase 6 will commence to allow the west half of the intersection to be constructed.
To stay informed, sign up for mobile alerts by texting “goshendemaree” to 662-200-4303; visit the Goshen-Demaree Facebook page; or check the City of Visalia’s web site, www.Visalia.city
For 24-hour contact during construction, call contractor Avison Construction at 718-1546.