Phase 6 Starts 11/6
Construction on the Goshen/Demaree intersection will result in changed lane restrictions and road closures starting Tuesday, November 6th, and continuing through Thursday, December 13th.
This phase will focus on major street reconstruction along the westerly half of Demaree and Goshen avenues and will impact traffic as follows:
Goshen Avenue will be completely closed between Demaree and Chinowth.
- Southbound Demaree will be closed between Goshen and Houston
- One southbound and one northbound lane will be open on Demaree south of Goshen
- Westbound Goshen will have one dedicated right turn lane and one dedicated left turn lane onto Demaree
- Designated detour routes will be posted
This phase is expected to extend through Thursday, December 13. Motorists can expect delays and therefore are encouraged to find alternate routes and leave earlier to their destinations.Access to the Sons of Italy
The Sons of Italy Hall is located at 4211 W Goshen and is a heavily utilized voting location.
The City of Visalia is encouraging voters who have the Sons of Italy as their polling place to utilize Akers Street and Chinowth Street to access their designated voting place rather than Goshen and Demaree due to road improvements.
To Stay Informed:
- To stay informed, sign up for mobile alerts by texting “goshendemaree” to 662-200-4303.
- For 24-hour contact during construction, call contractor Avison Construction at 718-1546.
Businesses near the intersection are open during construction.