September Economic Update
The month of September brings more economic development news with expansions in the Industrial Park and commercial space proposed north of Oval Park.
- Another new 5,000 square foot warehouse is proposed at the southwest corner of Freedom St. and Nicholas Ave. The spec building proposal is the latest of many smaller facility projects in the Industrial Park.
- Moose Dog Brewing is proposing to expand at 9626 W. Nicholas Ave. in the Industrial Park, adding more production and potential tap room space.
- A new 6,000 (approximately) square foot commercial space is being proposed by the property owner at the corner of NE 3rd and North Court just north of the Oval Park.
We'll also be seeing a boost in new faces around town, as conventions, consumer shows and more will be visiting Visalia.
- 9/20 and 9/21 Conference: 2018 Central Valley Latino Conference “Strengthening the Roots” with approximately 250 attendees each day. The Conference is designed for professionals serving Latino Communities in substance abuse, recovery, violence, trauma, and to improve outreach, engagement and retention of Latino clients.
- 9/21 – 9/23 Consumer Show: 17th Annual Visalia Home Expo with show hours of Friday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. The South Valley’s fall home show focuses on remodeling and decorating, expected attendance is 2,500 per day. For more info visit www.visaliahomeshows.com.
- 9/26 Event: 27th Annual Tulare County Job Fair from 9 a.m – 12 p.m. Event opens at 9 a.m. for veterans, general public at 9:30 a.m.
- 9/30 Convention: KAR Dance Convention from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This fun, inspiring and educational event features dance ranging from jazz, tap, lyrical, hip hop and musical theater. Expected attendance is approximately 600 attendees.
- 10/5 – 10/7 Convention: California Nursing Students’ Association (CNSA) Right Now! Innovate – Engage – Lead convention with approximately 650 attendees a day.