Last Chance to Drop Trees & Compostables
There's still time to clear 2017 out completely!
If you still have your holiday tree laying around, you can make a free drop thanks to Natural Resources Conservation's Holiday Tree Drop.
Running now through Saturday, January 6th, Visalia residents can drop their tree off for free recycling at the following locations:
- Visalia Nazarene Church on 3333 W. Caldwell Ave.
- Food 4 Less on 2025 N. Dinuba Blvd. (behind Panda Express)
- Parkside Chapel on 3200 E. Walnut Ave. (East of Lovers Lane)
- Save Mart Supermarket on Akers & Goshen Ave. (drop of at southeast corner behind shopping center - N. Atwood Ct. & W. Sanders Ave.)
- Sequoia Mall on the northeast corner of Mall parking lot, behind Hobby Lobby
- Sierra Baptist Church on 1437 E. Walnut Ave.
- St. Johns & Lovers Lane Parking lot at E. St. Johns Parkway and N. Lovers Lane
Before you make your drop, remember that trees must be completely free of decorations, lights and stands. Illegal dumping is prohibited and violators will be prosecuted.
Please remember this event is for holiday trees only, but if you still have compostables you need to toss, you have until Monday, January 8th to make your drop for the Fall Drop Off.
While we're already into 2018, the Fall Drop Off has a few more days, and gives City of Visalia residents (personal use only) a FREE way to rid their property of yard waste and other compostables.
Residents must provide proof of residency, a utility bill or driver's license is acceptable.
The two locations are:
- Harvest Power California - 24478 Road 140 (Lovers Lane) - (559)-686-1622
- West Coast Wood Industries - 7715 Avenue 296 (SW corner of Hwy 99 & Hwy 198) - (559)-625-9426
For a complete list of accepted compostables, and more event information, visit City of Visalia Natural Resource Conservation.