First Look at 12/17 Council Meeting
Join us for the last City Council meeting of 2018, but the first Council meeting with your new Visalia City Council! The meeting will take place on Monday, December 17th and begin with the Work Session.
The Work Session will start at 4 p.m. and includes:
- Update on Fire Department Strike Team and Mutual Aid Agreement
- Discussion on the construction contract for Visalia Riverway Sports Park Phase V Improvements
The Regular Session portion of the meeting will start at 7 p.m. and includes:
- Special Presentation of the 2018 Low-Water Use Landscape Design Award
- Consent Calendar items include (These items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion, unless pulled for discussion by a Council member or requested for further discussion by a member of the public):
- Authorization to purchase two Compressed Natural Gas replacement vehicles for the V-Line
- Authorize the City Manager to award a temporary four month landscape maintenance contract for Landscape and Lighting District B, which is in southwest Visalia.
- Approval of a new two-year lease agreement, with one year option, between Top of the Third, owners of Visalia Rawhide, and the City of Visalia for the baseball stadium at Recreation Park
- Regular Items:
- Public Hearing: A request by the Houston Investment Company to consider items related to the parcel at 2548 N. Linwood.
- Authorize the City to accept and appropriate $39,175 in Federal funding for the 2018 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG).
The full agenda is available here.
Can't make the meeting in-person? Watch the Facebook Live stream here.
For more information on this meeting, contact City of Visalia Office of the City Clerk at (559) 713-4512.