First Look at 5/20 Council Meeting
Join us on Monday, May 20th for the next meeting of the City Council.
Work Session will begin at 4 p.m.
Regular Session will begin at 7 p.m.
- The Council will receive a presentation (and then discuss) proposed new fees and increases/adjustments to existing fees in the City's Rates and Fees Schedule for the fiscal year 2019-2020.
- The Council will receive Tulare County Economic Development Corporation's annual activity report and analysis and consider approval of payment for fiscal year services 2019-2020 in the amount of $92,440.
- Consent Calendar items include, but are not limited to(These items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion, unless pulled for discussion by a Council member or requested for further discussion by a member of the public):
- Authorization to award a contract for construction of one 4-unit Corporate Hangar and one 8-Unit T-hangar, at the Visalia Municipal Airport to Atkins Bergreen, Inc. of Visalia
- Approval of a request from Visalia Rawhide, Spirit Radio and Momentum Broadcasting Stations to host a Visalia Freedom Celebration event at Recreation Park on July 3 and access the $22,000 budgeted by the City Council for a fireworks event
- Regular Item and Public Hearings
- Public Hearing to consider Adoption of Negative Declaration and a Change of Zone to a property located on the south side of West Monte Vista Avenue, approximately 500 feet west of
- First heard by the Planning Commission, the Commission recommends that the Council hold a public hearing and receive a staff report
- Staff supports the request to amend the Zoning Use Matrix by adding "Outpatient Surgery Centers" as a conditionally allowed use
The full agenda, with supporting documentation, is available here.
Can't make the meeting in-person? Watch the Facebook Live stream here.
For more information on this meeting, contact City of Visalia Office of the City Clerk at (559) 713-4512.