Business Boon - Visalia Grows with Retail & Industrial Projects
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Holiday shopping isn't the only thing heating up as the weather cools down.
Visalia's growth continues as "The Commons’ regional retail project at Visalia Parkway and Mooney continues to work through the entitlement process, having received a ‘Revise and Proceed’ through Site Plan Review.
The project currently calls for 11 acres of residential, roughly 15 acres of new commercial and approximately one acre of greenbelt/dog run space. The commercial project calls for numerous anchor pads, several drive-thrus, and various other retail uses.
Out in the Industrial Park, the 402,000 square foot Diversified Development Group (a real estate development corporation based out of Fresno) spec building project is nearing completion at American and Riggin.
Their buildout of American St. is near completed and final inspections are expected sometime before November 30th. Tenants are lined up and City staff is working with the DDG team to ensure swift occupancy.
In other business news:
- Family Healthcare Network is proposing a new full-service medical clinic in the former Dollar Tree location at the southwest corner of Beech and Mooney. The 17,000 square foot facility will include full medical and dental services. This follows a growing trend of medical uses in retail corridors.
- Visalia Emergency Aid is going to be constructing a new food pantry warehouse and office space at their location at 217 North East 3rd Avenue.
- A gas station/convenience store is being proposed along Ben Maddox south of Houston Ave.
- Additionally, a new oil lube and car detailing shop is being proposed at the Shannon Village Market development at Mooney and Riggin.
- Last but not least, a new airplane hanger is going to be constructed for Optimal Aviation out at the Visalia Airport. The new hanger will be 16,440 square feet.