Plan Ahead, Candy Cane Lane Parade Closures and Detours Announced
The Visalia Police Department reminds citizens that the 71st Annual Candy Cane Lane Parade will be held November 28th 2016 from 7 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m. and along with all the fun, will bring road closures and detours.
The parade will begin at the intersection of Main Street and Liberty and proceed westbound on Main Street to Conyer. It will then turn southbound on Conyer and proceed to Acequia where it will end.
The following road closures will begin at approximately 5:30 PM and likely remain until 10PM:
- Main Street is closed from Edison to Jacob
- Acequia will be closed between Conyer and Willis
- All north and south streets between Main/Edison and Main/Jacob will be closed between Acequia and Center.
- Court Street northbound south of Highway 198 will be detoured to Noble Avenue eastbound to Ben Maddox Way northbound to Goshen Avenue westbound to Court Street northbound.
- Locust Street southbound north of Center Street will be detoured westbound on Center Street to Giddings Street southbound to Mineral King.
If you are a parade participant please plan accordingly to arrive at your designated time as traffic will be heavy and there will likely be delays.
The most direct route to the start of the parade will be westbound on Center from Ben Maddox Way for groups staging on the north side of Main Street or from Burke and Acequia for groups staging on the south side of Main Street.
Reminder it is unlawful and unsafe to link chairs together blocking access to the sidewalk.
For questions please contact Officer Scott Nelson (559) 734-8116 or Downtown Visalians Incorporated, Lara Shewman (559) 732-7737.