Employment Opportunities at the Visalia Convention Center
The Visalia Convention Center is recruiting for hourly positions that work varying hours, days, and shifts depending upon events scheduled. Hourly employees are limited to no more than 25 hours per week. The following positions are available:
Service Worker Examples of Duties:
- Ensures proper set-up, servicing, and clean-up for all events.
- Transport, setup, and tear down of tables, chairs, staging, and other equipment for all events at the convention center.
- Services events including delivery of break service, periodic collection of garbage, room cleaning, and other client requested services during an event.
- This position is also responsible for custodial functions including sweeping, scrubbing, scouring, sanitizing and cleaning equipment, carpet cleaning and other duties as assigned.
Previous experience in any of the above areas is desirable.
Custodian Examples of Duties:
- Cleans assigned areas.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and buffs floors.
- Dusts, waxes and polishes furniture and woodwork.
- Washes walls and windows.
- Vacuums and shampoos floors and carpets.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Maintains equipment and materials.
- Moves equipment and furniture.
- This position is also responsible for setup of events at the convention center including transporting, setup and tear down of tables, chairs, staging, and other equipment and other duties as assigned.
One year of experience in janitorial work is desirable.
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Driver’s License may be required of some positions.
Positions in this class require moderate to heavy, physical work with prolonged standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, and carrying loads weighing up to 75 pounds. Positions may also involve periodic outdoor work, resulting in exposure to the weather.
Salary for each position is $10 - $12 per hour DOQ
How To Apply:
Applications are due by Friday, April 8, 2016. To apply, visit the City of Visalia Human Resources job listing for these positions.