Applicants Sought For Committees and Commissions
The City of Visalia is accepting applications from interested citizens for the following committees and commissions:
- Citizens Advisory Committee – Acts as a liaison between the general public and the City Council concerning community issues. The committee currently has a vacancy for one regular member and four alternate members.
- Disability Advocacy Committee – Advises the City on the needs of disabled people. The committee promotes physical, social, communication and attitudinal access for every citizen of Visalia. The committee currently has a vacancy for one regular member and two alternate members.
- Environmental Committee – Heightens environmental awareness and conservation in Visalia. Issues addressed include air quality, hazardous waste, recycling, water conservation and all other natural resources. The Committee currently has vacancies for four regular members and two alternate members.
- Historic Preservation Committee – Administers and carries out the standards and specifications of the Historic Preservation Ordinance and promotes historic preservation including encouraging building owners to initiate preservation efforts. The Committee currently has a vacancy for two alternate members.
- North Visalia Neighborhood Advisory Committee – Serves as a liaison between the City and the North Visalia community. It is a forum for citizen complaints, problems and provides recommendations to the City Council. The Committee has vacancies for three alternate members.
- Transit Advisory Committee - Researches and analyzes the community’s continuing transit needs, reviews operations, markets the transit program and makes recommendations about the business affairs of the transit system. The Committee has vacancies for three regular members and two alternate members.
- Waterways and Trails Committee – Advises on matters related to the Bikeway Master Plan and the Waterway and Trail Master Plan. The Committee has vacancies for three regular members and four alternate members.
To learn more, download the handbook and an application, click here. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and kept for a period of two years. For questions, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (559) 713-4512.