My Visalia
Close Panel
  • Email
  • Print


Who do I contact about a broken sidewalk?

Sidewalk, curb & gutter and drive approach improvements are provided for public safety within the public right of way on each property. It is each property owner's responsibility to maintain those improvements that are in the public right of way on their property.  

To report a broken sidewalk please call the Public Works Department at (559) 713-4428.  The City will evaluate the problem, and if there is an immediate trip hazard present, will take steps to mitigate the hazard by grinding or ramping the damaged area, and send a letter to the property owner advising them of the hazard.

back to top