My Visalia
Close Panel
  • Email
  • Print


How do I file a complaint about tree roots lifting up the sidewalk?

It is each property owner's responsibility to maintain the concrete improvements that are in the public right of way on their property (sidewalks, curb & gutter, drive approaches). 

If the tree causing the damage is in the public right of way and is being maintained by the City, the City may (at its discretion) remove the tree and repair the sidewalk.  Please call Public Works Customer Service at (559) 713-4428 to have the area evaluated to determine responsibility. 

If there is an immediate trip hazard present, the City will mitigate the hazard by grinding or asphalt ramping the affected area.

back to top