My Visalia
Close Panel
  • Email
  • Print


What are my responsibilities for the sidewalk outside my business?

Maintaining the sidewalks, curbs and gutters and drive approaches within the City of Visalia is the sole responsibility of the property owner on whose property the damaged concrete improvements reside.  Those areas are right of way access for the public and are required to be maintained in a safe condition so pedestrians (including handicapped with walkers, wheel chairs etc.) can safely pass by.  For additional information please call the Public Works Customer Service line at 713-4428.

back to top