The City of Visalia’s Engineering Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Division manages the engineering portion of the City’s Capital Improvement Program. This management includes funding, budgeting, scheduling, planning, design and construction of City infrastructure projects.
Typical projects include street construction and rehabilitation, parking lots, bridges, culverts, traffic signals, interchanges, intersections, storm drains, and sewer lines. Special projects such as City parking structures and buildings may also be included in this division. The design division is made up of engineers, project managers, construction managers, drafting staff and survey crews. The division frequently coordinates and does joint projects with outside agencies such as Cal Trans, Tulare County and Visalia Unified School District and also provides technical engineering support to other City Departments.
- Capital Improvement Projects - City roadway projects are occurring daily at various locations. Please call Community Development at (559) 713-4444 for more information on a specific project.
- State Route 198 Corridor Study - State Route 198 Corridor Planning Study from State Route 99 to Farmersville Road (Road 164). Click here to review the study information.
- FFY 16-17 Major Street Rehabilitation Houston Ave – This project is currently under construction. Work include the rehabilitation of existing paved streets in various locations throughout the City of Visalia. The project also includes the upgrade of some existing curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. The following streets are included in this Major Street Rehab Project: Houston Ave from Demaree to west of Mooney, Houston Ave from east of Mooney to west of Dinuba, and Acequia Ave from Santa Fe to Burke. If you have questions regarding this project, please contact Chantha Chap by phone at (559) 713-4418 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Visalia Active Transportation Plan (ATP) - Visalia's first ever Active Transportation Plan was adopted by the City Council on March 6, 2017! Click here to learn more.
- Demaree at Goshen Intersection Improvements - Construction on this intersection improvement project will begin on July 9th, 2018 and is expected to be complete by February 2019. The project will widen the intersection; upgrade the railroad tracks, warning devices and gates; modify the medians; remove/replace old county road section and traffic signals; and upgrade curb ramps, signing, and striping. If you have questions regarding this project, please contact Steven Weatherly by phone at (559) 713-4164 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
If you have a street maintenance issue, please contact the Public Works Department, Streets Division at (559) 713-4428.