The Transit Center provides amenities such as ample seating, vending machines, drinking fountains, and restrooms.
The Visalia Fire Department provides the following tips to help cope with the heat:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and, when possible, stay in the shade or an air- conditioned room.
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothes.
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
- Never leave children or pets in a vehicle, even for short periods of time. Temperatures inside vehicles can climb rapidly to life-threatening levels, even with the windows partially open.
- Periodically check on children and the elderly.
- Remember that animals are affected by the heat. Make sure pets and farm animals have plenty of water and access to shade.
For further information, contact the Visalia Fire Department at 559-713-4266.
( View PDF )