My Visalia
Close Panel
  • Email
  • Print

News Details

Dryer Fire Damages East Visalia Home

Last night, October 17, 2017, the Visalia Fire Department responded to a structure fire on S. Vista Street. Upon arrival of the first fire unit, moderate white smoke was seen coming from the front door of a single story residential house.

The fire was quickly extinguished, and was found to be coming from a gas dryer in the rear of the residence. One occupant was home during the fire,
but was outside the residence prior to the arrival of the Fire Department and no one was injured.

Fire crews discovered evidence of marijuana being grown in the backyard and inside of the house, and the Visalia Police Department was notified to determine if the numberer of plants was legal. In addition, the Code Enforcement was notified to check on the residence at a later time.

The approximate property value of the house was $100,000 dollars with the fire causing approximately $10,000 in damage. There was approximately $5,000 damage to the contents that were inside the house at the time of the fire.

The cause of the fire was caused by a malfunction to the gas dryer.

back to top