UPS Purchases Land in Industrial Park
The weather may be cooling down but business continues to stay hot as Visalia welcomes the new Sportsman's Warehouse, discussion buzzes around possible new eateries and UPS purchases land in the Industrial Park.
- UPS has purchased 58 acres in the industrial park at the northeast corner of Plaza and Riggin. While the City is not aware of any immediate plans, the site will be for future Central Valley expansion and will be a catalyst for additional development in the Industrial Park.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse now open! The new location is between
the Guitar Center at Packwood Creek and the Costco off of Visalia Parkway near Mooney. Sportsman’s Warehouse offers a wide variety of outdoor sporting equipment focusing on hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking and shooting. The new location should generate considerable development interest in the remainder of the vacant area in between Costco and Packwood Creek.
- The Downtown Marriott will be adding parking gates to help with parking control for the benefit of hotel, meeting and convention guests. All other downtown Marriott locations feature some sort of parking control.
- Sequoia Institute for Surgical Services’ expansion project continues the development process having recently gained approval in site plan review. The 3 story, 25,000 square foot medical office project near Sunnyside and Mooney can now proceed to building permits.
- More activity is occurring at the 720 E Center mixed use project. The former Caskey Paper building that is now the new home of the Planing Mill will soon also feature a martial arts studio and a gym facility.
- Lady’s Chicken and Rice, a local food truck will be getting a new TCUP to offer lunch options in the industrial park. They will be adjacent to Rick’s Vending on Placer Ave.
- Facebook has been buzzing with discussion surrounding quick service restaurants in town. The good news is Visalia has a variety of options and while we're happy to have an In-N-Out, we aren't aware of plans for a second location. Chick-fil-A is a popular request, and we can confirm that Chick-fil-A knows Visalians would love to have them. The best news is that Popeyes Louisana Kitchen has gone through the entitlement process and their building permit was issued for a future location at Noble and Demaree. Yum!