My Visalia
Close Panel
  • Email
  • Print

News Details

Unattended Candles Cause Blaze on E. Rose

This morning, March 13, 2017, at 10:24 a.m, the Visalia Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire at 334 E. Rose.

Upon the arrival of the first fire unit, they found a single story, single family residence with smoke and fire showing from the rear of the structure.

Fire crews began to attack the fire, searched the residence for any occupants and was able to contain it in approximately 15 minutes.

No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries to civilians or fire department personnel.

The fire caused an estimated $80,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 in damage to the contents. The cause of the fire was accidental and appeared to be related to unattended candles burning in a bedroom.
 
The Visalia Fire Department reminds residents that candles should not be left unattended and any combustible material, like drapes, fabric or paper, should not be in the area of a burning candle.















back to top