The City of Visalia’s Special Event process is designed to ensure that your event is successful while taking into consideration the protection of the public’s health and safety. Thank you for your interest in our community, and we wish you the best with your special event.
What is a Special Event?
Any organized activity involving the use of or having an impact on public property – public parks and facilities, streets, sidewalks or any other public right of way.
Costs Associated with hosting a special event
. Application fee (Non refundable)
of $40.00 shall be submitted with a completed application. Other costs associated with hosting a special event may include, facility rental fees, assistance from Police, Fire or Public Works personnel, rental of portable restrooms, refuse services, signage and other permits. Review requirements
page for more information.
Application timeline and process
- A completed online application may be filed as early as one year prior to the event but must be submitted no later than sixty (60) days prior to the event. Applications that are submitted outside of this policy are not guaranteed to be processed by the event date. Submitted applications will begin the review process once the application fee has been received.
- The application will be reviewed by the Special Events Committee which is composed of representatives from various City departments and other interested parties. The event applicant may be required to attend a Special Events Committee meeting designated by the Special Events Committee Chair to provide information and clarification as needed.
- Following review of the Special Events Committee, the event organizer will be notified of conditions and permits required for the event, including due dates for submittal.
- A representative from the Special Event Committee will work with the event organizer to make sure that all conditions and permits have been submitted.
- The event organizer shall have submitted all required documentation for final authorization signatures no later than 5 business days prior to event. Applications that are submitted outside of this policy are not guaranteed to be processed by the event date.
- Once everything is complete, the event organizer will receive a letter of permit from the Special Events Committee Chair.
Filming in the City of Visalia: The City welcomes individuals interested in filming in the City of Visalia. Depending on the parameters of the film shoot, special permits may be required. A checklist will provide step-by-step instructions in the process to follow. For information, please contact Communications Manager Allison Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 713-4535.
Special Event Committee Contact Information:
|Kurtis Brown, Special Event Committee Chair
707 W Acequia
Visalia, CA 93291
|Phone: (559) 713-4266
Fax: (559) 713-4808