Dispose of unwanted items for FREE at the six upcoming Dump On Us events scheduled for 2017! We'll recycle everything possible and properly dispose of the rest. All Dump On Us (D.O.U) events are held at the Visalia City Yard located at 335 N. Cain St. Click on the 2017 Dump On Us Events link below for additional information on scheduled D.O.U. 2017 dates and for a list of accepted and non-accepted items.
Due to the overwhelming success of these events, please be prepared for wait times that could take up to 30 minutes. To help minimize delays, please review the Dump On Us flyer for proper loading tips that will provide a faster more efficient unloading experience:
1. Be ready with valid identification to show proof of residency at entrance.
2. All loads must be covered pursuant to California State Law.
3. Doors must be removed from all large appliances.
4. Limited to 4 tires without rims per event.
5. Household Hazardous Waste is accepted at all Dump On Us events. Gates close at noon during Dump On Us events.
6. Limited to 2 mattresses per event.
7. All loads are subject to inspection.
For additional information, please call the
City of Visalia Natural Resource Conservation Division at
Home-Generated Medical Sharps Program
All sharps must be in an approved certified sharps containers. Disposal of sharps in sharps containers is FREE for residents of Tulare County. The program provides residents of Tulare County free drop-off of their used sharps at the local retailer where they originally purchased their sharps. A sharps retailer is any person or business that sells sharps to the public, such as clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, pet stores, veterinarians, and farm supply stores. For more information on local sharps collection resources please call 559-713-4531.